Learn 2 Lead
What is it? A one-day training extravaganza! We want you to use your time wisely, so at Learn 2 Lead, you can choose from many different training courses designed to help you become an equipped volunteer- all for $15. CPR/First Aid will also be offered at Learn 2 Lead. If you choose to participate in CPR/First Aid training at Learn 2 Lead, your cost will be $45. Select the training you'd like to attend and download the schedule and registration form.
Saturday, September 20, 2014
8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
First Baptist Church
601 Wasson Dr
Saturday, September 27, 2014
8:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
First Baptist Church
301 E. Capitol
Jefferson City, MO
Saturday, October 4, 2014
8:00 a.m. -4:15 p.m.
Temple Baptist Church
1813 Barron Road
Poplar Bluff, MO
If you have any questions, please contact a leadership and learning specialist-volunteerism or 877-312-4764.
Trainings Offered on Request
GSMH schedules a variety of training dates and locations, but we know that volunteers may need other options. If training is needed in your area, please contact a leadership and learning specialist-volunteerism or 877-312-4764 with the following information:
• Type/Name of training needed
• Two to four possible dates (4 weeks in advance) with desired start/end times
• Desired location (e.g., council property or community location; please provide an address)
• Proposed registration deadline (this is sometimes at the discretion of the facilitator)
• List of what participants need to bring (e.g., lawn chair if training is to be conducted outdoors)
• Contact person (to answer questions)
You will be contacted with confirmation of the "on request" training, which will be advertised in council communications when possible. Training registration forms must still be submitted by the established deadline.
The following trainings are available upon request:
• Orientation: 1.5 hours/No Fee/No Minimum
• Basic Outdoor Skills: 4 hrs/$10 per person/Minimum 5
• CPR/First Aid: 5.5 hours (varies by facilitator)/$40 per person/Minimum varies per facilitator
• Basic Troop Camping: $25 per person/Minimum 8-10 (Pre-requisite: Basic Outdoor Skills with sufficient time to practice camping skills.)
• National Program Portfolio-Girl Scout Leadership Experience: 1.5 hours/No Fee/Minimum 5
• Path to Silver / Path to Gold (for Girl Scout Cadettes and older): 2 hours/No Fee/Minimum 10
• Program Aide (for Girl Scout Cadettes and older): 6 hours/ No Fee/Minimum 10
To find an upcoming training scheduled in your area, check the Volunteer 411.