Trainings Offered on Request
GSMH schedules a variety of training dates and locations, but we know that volunteers may need other options. If training is needed in your area, please contact a leadership and learning specialist-volunteerism or 877-312-4764 with the following information:
• Type/Name of training needed
• Two to four possible dates (4 weeks in advance) with desired start/end times
• Desired location (e.g., council property or community location; please provide an address)
• Proposed registration deadline (this is sometimes at the discretion of the facilitator)
• List of what participants need to bring (e.g., lawn chair if training is to be conducted outdoors)
• Contact person (to answer questions)
You will be contacted with confirmation of the "on request" training, which will be advertised in council communications when possible. Training registration forms must still be submitted by the established deadline.
The following trainings are available upon request:
• Orientation: 1.5 hours/No Fee/No Minimum
• CPR/First Aid: 5.5 hours (varies by facilitator)/$40 per person/Minimum varies per facilitator
• National Program Portfolio-Girl Scout Leadership Experience: 1.5 hours/No Fee/Minimum 5
• Path to Silver / Path to Gold (for Girl Scout Cadettes and older): 2 hours/No Fee/Minimum 10
• Program Aide (for Girl Scout Cadettes and older): 6 hours/$10 per girl/Minimum 10
To find an upcoming training scheduled in your area, check the Volunteer 411.