Position Summary: The Program Director assists the Resident Camp Director and Assistant Director in coordinating program for camp sessions as well as special all-camp programming. This is a seasonal position.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Help with staff training week planning and instruction as needed by the Resident Camp Director.
2. Direct and plan all crafts for camp sessions.
3. Prior to sessions, organize the camp Resource Center and maintain it throughout the camping season, including a checkout system, inventory control and use agreements with Unit Leaders.
4. Assist Unit Leaders with program ideas.
5. Oversee the planning and implementation of all-camp activities, sign-up events, and special ceremonies.
6. Direct the Leadership program units.
Other Job Duties:
1. Act as host (ess) for the camp.
2. Help with camp closeout at the end of the season.
3. Carry out other duties as assigned.
Works with Unit Leaders, Resident Camp Director, and other camp staff.
Minimum Education and Experience: Incumbent must be at least 21 years of age and possess organizational, planning and teaching skills.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Must meet requirements for membership in the Girl Scout organization, have working knowledge of office procedures, have demonstrated leadership abilities and be familiar with camp living and enjoy the outdoors. Must have or be willing to obtain a current chauffeur’s license.
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, physical ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds, move about the camp property in various environmental conditions, climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel and talk.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in adherence to agency policies. This position description does not constitute a contract.