Membership Marketing Specialist
Position Summary: The Membership Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing, retaining, and increasing girl and adult membership in assigned geographic areas. The incumbent develops and implements plans for membership extension through the work of administrative volunteers and represents and extends Girl Scouting in the community through public relation and marketing efforts including presentations, collaborations, networking and customer service.
Council Expectations of Employee:
- Adheres to council policies and procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside the council
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Behaves and communicates in a positive and respectful way
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize work load
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
- Meets department and individual performance goals and standards
- Ensures that diversity and pluralism are embraced and incorporated into the work of the council
- Collaborates with interdepartmental staff for membership planning.
- Recruits volunteers to work with girls in a variety of settings using traditional and non-traditional means, including college service learning or department specific recruitment, focusing on a specific age group, such as 18 – 29 year olds and recent retirees.
- Community cultivation including development of collaborative opportunities for the purpose of adult and girl recruitment.
- Provides information and interpretation of council and GSUSA policies and programs to reinforce the role of Girl Scouting.
- Recruits, trains, and provides on-going support, supervision, and direction to administrative volunteers in assigned geographic areas by interpreting GSUSA and council policies, standards, and procedures, and by ensuring the availability of support services to enable volunteers to carry out their jobs effectively.
- Encourages and supports service units and volunteers in their areas; ensure broad participation in the product sale program.
- Establishes and maintains contact with community organizations and educational institutions to deliver Girl Scouting to underserved girls and adults.
- Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council and the community.
- Effectively identifies, analyzes, and solves problems, and successfully handles conflict resolution in assigned areas.
- Works closely with the Regional Manager to develop and administer membership team operating plan and budget to achieve the council’s objectives.
- Works closely with the Regional Manager and Communication Department to develop and implement local marketing and public relations plans for the purpose of recruitment, showcasing the benefits of the GSLE, and ensuring a positive Girl Scout image. These plans will be targeted, pro-active plans that align with the council’s strategic priorities.
- Participates in the development of objectives, action steps and budgets related to the MVP functions.
- Works in conjunction with the regional MVP team to develop, support, and achieve regional and local strategies and goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages a core team of service unit volunteers. Responsibilities include recruiting and training volunteers;directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or experience commensurate with degree; at least two years strong skills and proven success in related position; excellent community cultivation and marketing skills (or other related to position); knowledge of community organizations; strong human relations skills such as leadership, recruiting, networking and ability to effectively manage volunteers; demonstrated ability to successfully handle conflict resolution at all levels with a variety of people, including staff, external customers, Girl Scout volunteers, etc. Ability to communicate the written and spoken word with tact, diplomacy, and/or authority when necessary; computer literacy and technical knowledge of computer software programs such as Word, Publisher, Excel and the internet; excellent analytical and organizational skills required; demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, successfully manage multiple priorities simultaneously, work under pressure, meet deadlines and deal with change; well-disciplined and self-starter; ability to work well as a part of a team; unequivocal commitment to pluralism; ability to meet travel requirements, including night, weekend and overnight travel; knowledge of the Girl Scout program preferred; valid driver’s license; access to a properly licensed and insured vehicle in working condition; flexibility and a good sense of humor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls including the operation of computer keyboard, calculator,copier machine and other office equipment; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; bend and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear within normal range for telephone use; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, ability to read numbers, reports and computer terminals. Occasional high stress work may be required in dealing with volunteers/staff. Evening and/or weekend work is required. The job requires travel.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in adherence to agency policies. This position description does not constitute a contract.
Salary starting at $27,600.