Position Summary: The Kitchen Aide assists in food preparation, serving and cleanup.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist in food preparation, serving and cleanup by washing pots, pans and cooking utensils after each meal.
2. Mop around sinks as necessary after washing dishes.
3. Sweep the kitchen floor and mop it after dinner daily.
4. Clean the kitchen restroom and dispose of trash.
5. Take garbage and trash (from the kitchen and dining area) to the designated location after dinner and wash out the cans when the ranger returns them.
Other Job Duties:
1. Run the dishwasher when needed.
2. Assist in preparation of unit cook-outs.
3. Carry out other duties as assigned.
Works primarily with kitchen staff and unit leaders/assistant unit leaders.
Minimum Education and Experience: Incumbent must be at least 16 years of age and able to maneuver large kitchen utensils, pots and pans.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Must be willing to live in a camp setting and work under kitchen conditions. Must be able to meet the requirements for membership in the Girl Scout organization.
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, physical ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds, move about the camp property in various environmental conditions, climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel and talk.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in adherence to agency policies. This position description does not constitute a contract.