Are Your Girls Ready to Take Action?
Participate in the 2014 GSMH Council-Wide Service Project: The P.A.W.S Project: Pets Are Worth Supporting. All Girl Scouts are invited to help the animal shelter of their choice by collecting dog or cat food, paper towels, or newspapers. This project runs from April 4-12, 2014 and can be completed in five simple steps.
GSMH will provide bags for Girl Scouts to distribute to friends, neighbors and community members for them to place donations in. Return a week later to collect the donations and donate the items to the animal shelter of your choice. Complete a P.A.W.S Project Report and submit to GSMH to receive the 2014 Council-Wide Service Project Patch.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Receive your collection bags from GSMH in February and March.
2. Distribute bags to friends, neighbors and community members the weekend of April 4-6, 2014. Girls should not place The P.A.W.S Project bags in or tie them to mailboxes: this is prohibited by the US Postal Service.
3. Collect filled bags on April 12, 2014. Only collect from residences where bags are left outside. Girls should not knock on doors.
4. Distribute collected items to the local animal shelter of your choice.
5. Complete a Pause for Pets Project Report and return it to GSMH to receive a FREE patch for each Girl Scout who participated!
Have questions? Contact us!