Position Summary: To assist the Unit Leader in planning, teaching, and coordinating unit activities. Act for the Unit Leader in her absence.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist Unit Leader in providing guidance to the girls in the unit, helping them to adjust to the camping environment and teaching them to respect the rights of others while promoting high
2. Help in teaching camping skills and appreciation for the out-of-doors.
3. Assist Unit Leader in general supervision of girls in their daily activities and experiences in the unit through use of troop government, girl-led planning and the Girl Scout program portfolio.
4. Assist the Unit Leader in promoting health and safety in the campers.
5. Assist the Unit Leader in caring for unit supplies and equipment, informing her of repairs that need to be made or supplies that need to be requested.
6. Assist the Unit Leader in keeping badge records and doing paperwork.
7. Helps supervise unit housekeeping and sanitation.
8. Be involved in closing of the unit, completing the final inventory, evaluation and clean-up.
Other Job Duties:
1. Participate in all-camp and sign-up activities.
2. Carry out other duties as assigned.
Works with Unit Leader and helps supervise girls.
Minimum Education and Experience: Incumbent must be at least 18 years of age and be familiar with camp living.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities: Must meet requirements for membership in the Girl Scout organization, have leadership abilities and demonstrate a desire and ability to work with children, be able to work as a team, follow directions and share ideas for the betterment of the program.
This position requires the ability to listen to others, observe others’ actions, read text and information, comprehend instructions and manuals, physical ability to lift and carry up to 35 pounds, move about the camp property in various environmental conditions, climb, stoop, kneel, bend, stand, lift, work with fingers, grasp, feel and talk.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The employee is expected to adhere to all agency policies and to act as a role model in adherence to agency policies. This position description does not constitute a contract.